Paxahau is pleased to announce the return of Movement Electronic Music Festival, taking place Memorial Day weekend (May 24-26, 2004) inside Detroit’s Hart Plaza.
“The [Paxahau] team is already working with excitement on the 2014 Movement Electronic Music Festival to be held on its traditional Memorial Day weekend,” says Jason Huvaere, President of Paxahau. “This event has been known under a few different names, but has always possessed the same unifying sprit – a celebration of the music and culture we all love, held in the heart of the city that gave the world Techno – Detroit,” he adds.
The Movement Electronic Music Festival features: five technologically-rich outdoor stages; more than 115 artists; free Wi-Fi access on the grounds; a posh VIP setting located behind the main stage; dozens of official afterparties; an interactive technology center featuring the hottest gear in the industry; and several art displays to stimulate the senses. Over 107,000 people from around the globe attended the 2013 festival.
Awards and accolades received by the festival and producer include:
- ·Resident Advisor’s “Festival of the Month” for May 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008 and 2007.
- ·“Best Niche Festival” 2011 Rolling Stone.
- ·#1 on the 2010 New York Post list of “10 Outstanding Music Fests.”
- “Best Annual Event” by the Real Detroit Weekly reader’s survey in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.
- ·“Best Festival” by Metrotimes reader’s survey in 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009.
- ·“Best Festival of the Year” by Metromix.com’s reader’s survey in 2012, 2011 and 2009.
- ·“Festival of the Year” by URB Magazine reader’s survey in 2008.
- ·URB Magazine named Paxahau “Promoter of the Year” in 2004.
Paxahau, now in its ninth year as producers of the Movement Electronic Music Festival in Detroit, first established itself 15 years ago as an online resource to promote both Detroit and electronic music. Paxahau has since earned the respect of their peers and formed a very strong network of alliances throughout the music industry. Paxahau Promotions Group is now recognized around the world by artists and industry executives as a premier production and promotions organization. To learn more, visit www.paxahau.com.
2013 PHOTO CREDIT: Crowd Shot by Joe Gall