Fusicology on June 6, 2013with 0 comments
IT’S SISTER SOUL WEEKEND ON CENTRIC TV!
Centric Celebrates the Second Weekend of Black Music Month, June 13-14, with an All-Star Lineup of Barrier Breaking Black Female Artists
Black Music Month powers on at Centric TV with an exciting weekend devoted to some of music’s biggest soul sisters. These bold, barrier-breaking personalities have created an entire genre and electrified audiences worldwide. Saturday and Sunday, June 13-14, Centric’s favorite female vocalists will hold court and command the stage with Sister Soul Weekend.
From gospel to hip-hop, and everything in between, these powerful female artists have inspired fans to cry, laugh, love – and of course, stand up and fight back. This weekend’s celebration features contemporary artists from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today. From Tina Turner straight through to Fantasia, the range of musical and personal styles have one thing in common – they are all feminine forces to be reckoned with. Having risen to fame against all odds, these performers are sheer forces of talent, confidence and personal will.
- 5AM Music of Mary J. Blige
- 7AM Music Divas (feat. Chaka Khan, Jill Scott, Whitney Houston, Erykah Badu, Fantasia, Alicia Keys)
- 8AM Music of Beyonce + Destiny’s Child
- 9AM Monica vs Brandy
- 2PM Tina Turner: Live in Holland
- 3PM Jill Scott: Live in Paris
- 4PM Jill Scott: Tower Theater Concert
- 6PM Mary J. Blige: My Life Concert
- 7PM Soul Train Awards 2012
- 10PM Centric Live: Fantasia at the Fillmore
- 11PM Whitney Houston: Legend
- 11PM Centric Live: Fantasia At the Fillmore
- 12AM Mary J. Blige: My Life Concert
- 1AM Jill Scott: Tower Theater Concert
- 3AM Jill Scott: Live in Paris
- 4AM Tina Turner: Live in Holland
- 5AM Whitney Houston: Legend
Having kicked off the first weekend with Public Enemy, Centric will air themed programming that explores and celebrates the vitality of African American music and musicians for all five weekends in June. Additional weekend themes will feature Soul Men, R. Kelly and more.
Additional programming information for this weekend and the rest of Black Music Month can be found on Centrictv.com.
For additional information on Centric’s Black History Month programming, go to http://www.centrictv.com/. Join the conversation on social media by logging on to Centric’s multiple social media platforms:
Centric is a 24-hour music and entertainment channel that reflects the lifestyle and sophistication of today’s African-American and multicultural adult viewer. With a finger on the pulse of an ever-changing beat, its compelling music content fuses Soul, R&B, Neo-Soul, Hip Hop, Reggae, Gospel, Jazz, Old School, New School and everything in between with today’s hottest artists. It is a unique mix of music, culture and lifestyle programming that embodies the lives, tastes and aspirations of the CENTRIC viewer. Centric: What’s Good.